The Court of Appeal found that the temporary exchange or free lending of a regulated handgun between two adults who are otherwise authorized to possess and receive a regulated handgun does not constitute an unlawful “transfer” of a firearm contrary to paragraph 442(d). The clear wording of Article 442(d), when interpreted in accordance with the rest of the subheading, shows that the term “transfer” can only refer to a permanent exchange of ownership or possession and not to a free temporary exchange. To borrow a rifle and/or shotgun, the person receiving the firearm must be a Maryland resident, 18 years of age and legally authorized to possess/possess a firearm. (1) The temporary transfer or possession of a regulated firearm or ammunition intended solely for a prescribed firearm if the person: (A) is under the supervision of another person who is at least 21 years of age and who is not prohibited by federal or state law from possessing a firearm. AND (B) act with the permission of the parents or legal guardians of the purchaser or person in possession. It is not legal to lend a person one or more PROHIBITED assault pistols, PROHIBITED assault rifles, PROHIBITED imitation rifles, PROHIBITED assault rifles or a magazine with a capacity of 11 rounds or more. Have the new state laws prevented him from claiming more victims? Unlikely. Even when assault weapons were legal, Marylanders had to be 21 to buy them. For Aguilar, such a purchase would have been illegal.

Police said the Columbia Mall shooter used a 12-gauge Mossberg shotgun he had legally purchased. (Photo distributed) To purchase a handgun, short-barreled rifle, or shotgun, you MUST be a Maryland resident and have Maryland-issued identification. The ONLY exceptions are: members of the U.S. Armed Forces stationed in Maryland (military orders). Military personnel do NOT need to have Maryland-issued identification, but they MUST leave a copy of their utility bill (with Maryland address) or U.S. Armed Forces orders showing a Maryland office when filling the show with documents. Residence. State in which a person resides. A person resides in a State if he resides in a State in order to settle there. If a person is on active service as a member of the armed forces, the country of residence of the person in which his or her permanent place of employment is located.

An alien who is legally resident of the United States is considered a resident of a state only if he or she is a resident of the state and has resided in that state for at least 90 days prior to the date of sale or delivery of a firearm. Aguilar, a 19-year-old with no criminal record, bought the gun in December during a legal transaction at a Montgomery County gun store. The incident prompted some to examine the effectiveness of high-profile gun control measures passed by the state last year. It is not legal to lend a firearm or NFA device to a person. A firearm or NFA device is a machine gun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun, silencer, other weapon or destructive device. There is no legal requirement that the rifle or shothun be disguised. (1) carry a handgun on the person or in a vehicle while transporting the handgun to or from the place of legal purchase or sale or to or from a bona fide repair shop, or between his bona fide domicile and his place of business, where the business is primarily operated and owned by it; when each handgun is unloaded and transported in a suitcase or closed case. I was looking for a new shotgun and maybe I got this old Mossberg 500. I`m currently trying to learn some of Maryland`s newest laws and recover from what I knew before 2013.

I know the Mossberg is not on the prohibited list, but this one is an old shotgun with a pistol grip. Because of that, I`m not sure if they`re legal in Maryland or not. I could imagine that they would fall into this strange “it`s not a gun because of the action and the length of the barrel, but it`s not a rifle/shotgun because it has a pistol grip.” But because it`s a “shotgun,” it must have a 29-inch OAL. I just try not to buy anything I`m in trouble for. Can they do it in a day, like Aguilar did? In most cases, yes. Only California, Hawaii, Illinois, Rhode Island and the District of Columbia have wait times of more than 24 hours for long-gun transfers.